Do you want to learn how to address real-world issues with Power BI and DAX? In a recent webinar, Principal Consultant, Paul Turley, teaches you what you need to know. Paul covers many-to-many relationships, using disconnected tables and takes a look at using composite models.
This presentation takes a deep dive into Tabular modeling and calculation and includes demos. Paul’s agenda covers:
- Dimensional modeling basics (just a quick run through as this is a more advanced presentation)
- Filter propagation in Tabular models
- Effects of single and bi-directional relationships as you are creating relationships in your data model
- A look at scenarios where data model relationships can or cannot be used to achieve requirements or may or may not solve business problems
- Dynamic measures built on a dimensional data model
- A demo on DirectQuery in a Gen 1 composite model with Import mode
- A first look at new Gen 2 DirectQuery using Power BI datasets which is the next generation of composite model capabilities which is now in public preview
All these topics and demos are based on a business requirement or business problem context, so the presenter will set up a business problem and work through how it can be solved with dimensional modeling.
So, if you’re looking to learn about using Power BI and DAX to address real-world business issues, then this webinar is for you. You can watch the complete webinar below.
Need further help? Our expert team and solution offerings can help your business with any Azure product or service, including Managed Services offerings. Contact us at 888-8AZURE or [email protected].